Note: Information for current and prospective postdocs, as well as postdoc policies, can now be found on the Office of Postdoctoral Education site.
NPA provides a national united voice and advocates for positive work environments for postdoctoral fellows, researchers, instructors, and scholars.
The MU Office of Graduate Studies has paid for institutional membership with the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA). This means all of Mizzou's postdocs are entitled to free affiliate (individual-level) membership to NPA. In doing this, we join a long list of other prestigious universities who are also members of NPA. Here’s a list of their individual member benefits:
- Subscription to NPA e-alerts, a periodic news announcement, and The POSTDOCket, the NPA’s official quarterly newsletter
- Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Meeting & eligibility for the NPA travel award program
- Access to members-only NPA Web content
- Access to NPA Member Groups to connect & network with fellow NPA members
- Discounts to services and products.
- Opportunities to serve and contribute your expertise on a variety of NPA committees
- Voting rights in all NPA elections and on NPA ballot issues
- National representation on postdoctoral issues
To obtain your free membership, contact Assistant Vice Provost Jeni Hart.
NOTE: This is a specific link for MU postdocs. Do not attempt to use their general website or you’ll be asked to pay!
NPA membership is also open to faculty and administrators. For more information, contact Assistant Vice Provost Jeni Hart.
Announcing a new site
Office of Postdoctoral Education
Learn more here