Resources Beyond Mizzou
The Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning (CIRTL) is a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded network of research universities committed to preparing outstanding future faculty in STEM disciplines, with the ultimate goal of improving undergraduate STEM education in our country. Established in fall 2006, the CIRTL Network includes over 40 research-intensive universities across the nation, including Mizzou. Learn more about CIRTL at Mizzou.
The Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network in Higher Education is devoted to improving teaching and learning in higher education. Founded in 1976, POD provides its members with personal and academic relationships that are essential for professional growth. POD provides support and services for its members through publications, conferences, consulting, and networking. Student membership is $65. Learn about POD
Books & Journals on Collegiate Teaching & Learning
Seeking a few good resources?
- Browse titles at key education publishers like Wiley/Jossey-Bass.
- Look for journals on the scholarship of teaching & learning
A few titles to ger you started:
- Fink, LD. (2013). Creating significant learning experiences: An integrated approach to designing college courses Jossey-Bass/Wiley
- Sarkisian, E. (2006) Teaching American students: A guide for international faculty and teaching assistants in colleges and universities. Third Edition. Cambridge, MA: Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning,
- Lang, J. (2008). On course: A week-by-week guide to your first semester of college teaching. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2008.
- Ambrose, SA et al. (2010) How learning works: 7 research-based principles for smart teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass,