The Glimpse into Graduate School Seminar Program is an initiative that provides current undergraduate students with the resources, programming, and support that are necessary to achieve their aspirations for graduate study. The goal of the program is to empower students to develop the confidence and skills necessary for a comfortable transition and success in competitive graduate programs. Selected participants will attend seminars and workshops and complete assignments that encompass a wide array of topics. Glimpse sessions are presented by administrators, faculty, staff, and graduate students of MU. Assignments for the Glimpse program will be communicated during the weekly sessions and also available via Canvas.
Students who miss no more than one Glimpse seminar session or assignment are eligible for an application fee waiver for graduate studies at the University of Missouri. Also, students who attend all Glimpse sessions and complete all required assignments will be eligible to receive a one-time refund of the cost of the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) General Test. This refund does not include any costs students may incur for General Subject tests, late fees, or test date change fees. In order to receive a refund for the GRE General Test, students must provide proof that the GRE test has been taken.
Fall 2018 Glimpse Program will run from the week of September 10 to the week of October 22, 2018.
Eligible candidates include:
- Current University of Missouri, Lincoln University, or Moberly Area Community College undergraduate students
- Members of racial or ethnic groups that are underrepresented in graduate education (i.e., African American, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander, or Hispanic/Latinx)
- First-generation college students (i.e., parent(s) or guardian(s) did not attend college or attended college but did not graduate and earn a bachelor’s degree)
- Students within two years of entering graduate study
- Students with strong academic records
- Students with interest in one of MU’s official graduate degree programs
The application for the 2018-2019 academic year is now available. We encourage interested students to submit all application materials by the August 24, 2018 deadline at 5 p.m..
Applications received after the deadline will be considered if space is still available and students will be notified no later than two weeks before the first seminar. See application process below:
Questions regarding the Glimpse into Graduate School Seminar Program should be directed to CIE Director Dr. Raquel Arouca at firstname.lastname@example.org.