CIE Ambassadors Program
The CIE Ambassadors Program is a corps of current graduate students who uphold the university's mission of excellence and support the various events and services offered by the Center for Inclusive Excellence, including the recruitment of prospective students and retention of current students.
What do CIE Ambassadors do?
The CIE Ambassadors are important because they assist prospective students who may be considering graduate studies at MU, as well as current students.
- Ambassadors coordinate various events, including workshops and guest lectures.
- Give presentations on either a panel or a formal talk about graduate education writ large and at Mizzou, to various groups affiliated and not affiliated with MU.
- Are a resource for current and prospective students seeking information about resources and opportunities on and off campus.
- Are an ongoing contact/resource to prospective students throughout the application and admission decision process.
- Assist with campus tours for prospective students to emphasize inclusive resources.
- Travel to conferences and recruiting events.
- As current graduate students they exhibit excellence in academic performance and research.
In addition to working with and being a resource for current and prospective students, the CIE Ambassadors Program builds a community of underrepresented graduate students committed to inclusive excellence.
Upcoming Calendar of Events
First Year Fellows Program (August 25, 2017)
- Graduate Student Panel
Tigerview (October 9, 2017)
- Graduate Student Panel, Campus Tour, Reception/ Networking, Follow-Up