The program offers an on-campus Master of Arts in Journalism and an online Master of Arts in Journalism with emphasis areas in health communication, interactive media, media management or strategic communication.
Campus program deadlines:
Fall deadline: January 1
Spring deadline: September 1
Online program deadlines:
Fall deadline: July 1
Spring deadline: November 15
Summer deadline: April 15
*Note: Deadlines are adhered to strictly, and no applicant is considered for admission until all required information is received.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 60 hours
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||100||17||17||25||17|
Suggested GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||1100|
|On or after August 1, 2011||V: 153-160; Q: 144-148|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Please upload the following application materials into the Graduate Studies online application:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts (in English) to the Academics section of your application.
- 3 essays as specified on Departmental application website
- 3 letters of recommendation (use the online Graduate Studies application system)
- GRE score