About the Crosby MBA
Crosby MBA candidates come from all backgrounds, including science, engineering, liberal arts, journalism, business and health-related fields. There are no prerequisite courses. However previous courses in accounting, statistics and finance are helpful. Please contact us for online resources and classes to help you gain knowledge in these subject areas, if interested. Our admission standards are high and the curriculum is rigorous. The Crosby MBA program is AACSB accredited, nationally recognized and highly ranked by U.S. News America’s Best Office of Graduate Studiess, Forbes, Princeton Review, and The Wall Street Journal.
Factors considered in the admissions decision include post-graduation work experience; professional internships and/or co-ops; leadership, community involvement and service; quality of undergraduate work (GPA) and rigor of coursework; competitive score on the GMAT or GRE and career focus and self-awareness demonstrated in question responses and interview. A baccalaureate degree in any discipline from an accredited school is required. Interviews by invitation will also be conducted. See the Crosby MBA website to apply.
International applicants to the Crosby MBA Program
Applications are similar to those for domestic students, but an international student whose native language is not English is required to present an acceptable score on either the TOEFL or the IELTS.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||93||17||17||21||17|
Arrange to have your official scores sent directly to the University of Missouri – code is 6875. Include your scores in the “Test Information” section of the Graduate Studies online application. Admitted international students are often encouraged to participate in the University’s Intensive English Program to strengthen their preparation for the MBA coursework. Please visit the MU Office of Graduate Studies website for additional international applicant information, including the English Language testing requirement.
Deadlines for application to the Crosby MBA
Students can begin the MBA program in the Spring or Fall semester. Priority deadlines are as follows:
- For the Spring: September 1; November 1 (final deadline for international students) and December 1 (final deadline for domestic students).
- For the Fall: November 1; January 15; March 1; April 15; May 15 (final deadline for international students) and July 1 (final deadline for domestic students).
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Résumé and question responses
- GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL or IELTS (for international students)
- Letters of recommendation are preferred but not required.
Please see our website for detailed instructions about how to complete the required Graduate Studies online application and how to submit the above documents.