Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Degree Dependent: No
Total Credit Hours: 12
Employees needed a combination of technical coursework in precision agriculture technology and that several courses, if taken, would strengthen their ability to work within the precision agriculture industry. We then determined that the objective of the Precision Agriculture Technology Graduate Certificate Program is to prepare and/or enhance students’ knowledge of the precision agriculture technology industry through two key areas:
- Coursework (online) and intensive on-site labs that focus on various aspects of precision agriculture technologies utilized by professionals in the field of precision agriculture.
- ASM 7360 – Precision Agriculture Science and Technology
- ASM 7365 – Machinery Management using Precision Agriculture Technology
- ASM 7366 – Data Management and Analysis using Precision Agriculture Technology
- ASM 7368 – Profit Strategies using Precision Agriculture Technologies
- ASM 8360 – Internet of Things for Precision Agriculture
- Beneficial Supporting courses including:
- Statistical analysis courses designed to help analyze data collected using precision agriculture technology.
- Plant Science courses that focus of basic agronomic information, including soils, entomology, and crop management.
- Communications courses that include both specialized agricultural communications courses as well as general communications courses aimed at improving verbal and non-verbal communication between professionals in the field and potential clients and/or the public.
- Agricultural Economics courses, such as general farm management or returning to the farm.
Certificate web site:
Not created at this time.
For information about certificate, contact:
Phone: (573) 882-2126
Address: 207 Ag Engineering Building, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211