Nutritional Sciences, Master of Science
February 12th, 2018
The program offers a Master of Science in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology with emphasis in Nutritional Sciences.
Application deadline for Fall admission: December 30
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in science and math classes
- Prerequisites: Entering students are expected to have undergraduate training (lecture and laboratory courses) in general and organic chemistry and biology, a two-semester course in biochemistry and an upper-level human nutrition course.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||100||17||17||17||17|
Recommended minimum GRE scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal||Quantitative||Analytical|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||500||500||3.5|
|On or after August 1, 2011||150||150|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate Studies online application system.
- Statement of Purpose: Upload a Statement of Purpose, indicating your academic/research interests and career goals to the “Statement of Purpose” section of your online application.
- Resume or Vita: Upload a current Resume or Vita to the “Resume/CV” section of your online application.
- Recommendations: Enter the required information for at least three recommenders in the “Recommendations” section of your online application. The recommenders will receive an email with instructions for completing and submitting your recommendation. Please ensure that the recommenders are aware of the December 30 application deadline.
- Statement of Goals Video: Upload a Statement of Goals Video to the “Portfolio” section of your online application. It should be a one minute video why you want to be in office of graduate studies and your goals with the program.
- GRE Scores: Please make arrangements with Educational Testing Services to have official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores sent directly to our department. MU’s Institutional code is 6875 and our department code: 0214.
- TOEFL Scores (international applicants only)