Natural Resources with Agroforestry Emphasis, Master of Science
February 12th, 2018
About the Program
Agroforestry, as a farming system that integrates crops and/or livestock with trees and shrubs, has a long history of interdisciplinary research at the University of Missouri. The interdisciplinary emphasis area capitalizes on existing agroforestry research collaborations across The School of Natural Resources (SNR) departments in building an academic program that could attract and serve quality graduate students from Missouri, the nation and the world. The agroforestry emphasis area offers both a thesis and non-thesis option. The program also offers an online option designed for professionals working in natural resources around the globe who already have an undergraduate degree in a related field. Please visit the online webpage for more information.
Applications must be received by the following dates:
- March 15 for the summer semester
- May 15 for the fall semester
- Oct. 15 for the spring semeste
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- Graduate Record Exam score (GRE)*: verbal plus quantitative total of at least 1100 (300 on the new GRE)
- Students whose GPAs and GRE scores do not meet the requirements will be evaluated individually
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores (for non-native English speaking applicants only)
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
*The GRE requirement may be waived under exceptional circumstances. Applicants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate Studies online application system.
- Statement of interest
- Résumé or CV
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation and the accompanying evaluation sheets from people who can attest to the candidate’s scholastic ability and experience relevant to graduate study.
- Publications (optional)