Computer Science, Master of Science
February 12th, 2018
Application for admission to a graduate degree program in CS involves submitting a formal application through the Graduate Studies online application for admission. An application must be accompanied by an application fee. In addition, the applicant must have the following original paperwork sent directly from the originating institutions to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to the online application system. Applicants provide official transcripts if accepted by the academic program.
- Official GRE score report from Educational Testing Service (and TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants)
The following supplemental materials must be uploaded in the online application:
- Your resume
- A personal goal statement indicating why you feel prepared to pursue the degree program and why you want to pursue this degree
- Three letters of recommendation from professors who know your abilities that must address your ability and readiness to pursue a graduate program in computer science (submitted by your references directly to your online application)
In order to be considered for admission in a particular semester, the Director of Graduate Studies, according to the following deadlines, must receive all required paperwork:
- Fall admission: Applications and all paperwork must be received by March 1. For earlier consideration for financial assistance in the department, applications and all paperwork must be received by January 15.
- Spring admission: Applications and all paperwork must be received by October 1.
Note: Copies of the required documents (transcripts, GRE scores, etc.) cannot be accepted in lieu of the official reports from the originating institutions. Copies of these records can be submitted for evaluation, but any decision on admission is non-binding until the official records have been received.
All MU students (current or prior) must meet the same requirements as external students. The only difference is that MU grad students file one of the following forms (in lieu of an MU Application Form):
- Current Non-Degree Graduate Students: Change of Division, Degree, Program, Emphasis, or Advisor form
- Current graduate students in another department: Change of Division, Degree, Program, Emphasis, or Advisor form (same as 1)
- Previous graduate students returning to same program: Reactivation form.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type|| Total Score|| Reading|| Listening|| Speaking|| Writing|