Communication, Master of Arts
February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: January 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in communication may be required to take course work beyond the required 30 hours to provide necessary background.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal||Quantitative||Analytical|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||500||500||4.0|
|On or after August 1, 2011||153||144||4.0|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
The following items must be uploaded to your Graduate Studies online application:
- Communication Departmental Application (built into the Graduate Studies online application)
- Three letters of recommendation, which should come from qualified people (former or present instructors) who can attest to your ability to complete graduate study
- Statement of purpose (no more than 500 words)
- Writing sample- should be scholarly, but can be on a topic of your choice. The sample can be relatively short, but must be no more than 25 pages.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical), taken within the past five years