Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum, Master of Education/Master of Arts/Educational Specialist
February 12th, 2018
The program offers Master’s and Educational Specialist degrees in Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum with emphasis areas in Art Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, English Education, Literacy Education, Mathematics Education, Music Education, Science Education, Social Studies Education, and TESOL.
Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee. It is suggested applicants submit their applications in plenty of time for the desired semester of entrance. Applications for admissions decisions take at least 6 weeks to process.
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores*
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||810+|
|On or after August 1, 2011||291=(V:150, Q:141)|
*Note: Not all programs require the GRE exam. The following programs require the GRE for consideration into the program: Early Childhood Education, English Education (including TESOL focus), Mathematics Education and Science Education.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate Studies online application)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (a copy may be sent to the department too; minimum, an official result needs to be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies)
- Except for Music Education, all other emphasis areas desire at least 2 letters of recommendation, regardless of GPA. If your GPA is below a 3.0 or you are an international student (have an international transcript), three letters of reference are required. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY. Please contact the department if you have any questions or concerns about this requirement.
- A digital portfolio of three to five pieces of artwork you consider your best (required for Art Education applicants only)