Doctorate of Education (EdD) in Educational Leadership
February 12th, 2018
The Statewide Cooperative EdD Program in Educational Leadership requires a minimum of 76 credit hours beyond the baccalaureate degree. The program, offered in a cohort format, includes 34 hours of course work in 6 contiguous semesters, beginning in the summer and concluding in the spring semester 2 years later. In addition to course work credit, 12 credit hours of dissertation research are required.
- December 1 of even-numbered years
- Competitive GRE score
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education from an accredited institution
- GPA of 3.5 (4.0 scale) in graduate studies (master’s degree) from an accredited institution
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Admissions screening and decisions for all graduate programs are not made until all required materials have been submitted. Admissions recommendations are based on a profile developed from data that include undergraduate (last 60 hours) and graduate grade point averages, scores on the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), recommendations, evidence of successful professional experiences.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Official GRE scores
- 3 recommendations (two from faculty who have taught/advised the applicant)
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose
- ELPA departmental application (built into the Graduate Studies online application)