Doctorate in Geological Sciences
February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: none set, but January 31 for guaranteed consideration for departmental financial aid
- GRE Scores and GPA: Our quantitative assessment of applicants uses a combination of GPA for the last 60 hours and the student’s GRE verbal, quantitative and analytical writing scores. We have a formula that weights the GPA and total GRE scores equally. Applicants with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered, but their acceptance would require very strong GRE scores or exceptional circumstances.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted through the Graduate Studies online application)
- Personal statement (uploaded into Graduate Studies online application)
- GRE scores
- Resume (optional, but recommended)