Doctorate in Food and Hospitality Systems
February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: April 30
Spring deadline: October 31
Summer deadline: January 31
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 60 hours of baccalaurate work
- BS and an MS in food science from an accredited University or equivalent experience. In rare instances, an exceptional student will be allowed to study for the PhD without first completing the MS
- Only complete applications will be reviewed, no conditional acceptance is given
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores
|Test Type||Verbal + Quantitative**||Analytical|
*Note: The exam must have been taken no longer than 5 years prior.
**Note: Neither the verbal nor quantitative section can be below 143.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Please upload the following application materials into the Graduate Studies online application:
- Unofficial transcripts: all applicants selected for admission will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Personal statement: elaborating the reason for applicant’s interest in Food Science
- 3 letters of recommendation filled out through the Graduate Studies application: all 3 letters of recommendation must be from academic sources (professor of a course, faculty advisor, faculty graduate committee member) and must address the applicant’s academic abilities and potential as a graduate student.
- GRE scores (no longer than five years prior)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (International applicants only)