Doctorate in Civil Engineering
February 12th, 2018
- Priority deadline for Fall entrance: January 1; rolling thereafter
- Priority deadline for Spring entrance: October 1; rolling thereafter
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 2 years of coursework*
*Note: Lower than 3.0 GPA require special action and substantiation such as good test scores on the GRE or other recognized examinations.
- BS in engineering. Applicants with BS degrees in related fields may be considered for admission. If admitted, non-engineers are required to complete remedial courses as determined by their advisor and advisory committee.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores
- GRE test is required; no minimum score set
- Present scoring system: typical acceptance score are around 306 for Verbal + Quantitative and a minimum 3.0 for Analytical
- Former scoring system: typical acceptance score are around 1100 for Verbal + Quantitative and a minimum 3.0 for Analytical
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Upload all of the following items to your Graduate Studies online application. DO NOT send any hard copies to the Civil Engineering department.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: at least two from a faculty member who has taught or advised you
- GRE scores
- Statement of Purpose