Biochemistry, Doctor of Philosophy
February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: January 5
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Undergraduate research required
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type|| Total Score|| Reading|| Listening|| Speaking|| Writing|
Minimum GRE scores
|Test Type|| Verbal+Quantitative|| Analytical|
|GRE|| Average scores > 60%|| Average scores > 60%|
The following entrance requirements must be met:
- Mathematics through one year of calculus
- Biological sciences (at least one course)
- 1 year of physics
- 1 year of organic chemistry (with a laboratory)
- Biochemistry (lecture and laboratory)
Strongly Recommended Courses
- Genetics (at least one course)
- Quantitative analysis
- Physical chemistry course with a calculus prerequisite
These prerequisites should have been met during the undergraduate curriculum. Recommended courses may be taken during the first year of the graduate program. Satisfactory completion of a qualifying exam is expected by the end of the first year and of a comprehensive examination by the end of the second academic year in graduate study.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Three letters of reference. Submit through the Graduate Studies online application.
- 500-word personal statement about your goals and experience. Submit through the Graduate Studies online application.
- Official GRE scores. Submit using institution code 6875 and department code 0202.