Biomedical Sciences MS Degree with Comparative Medicine Emphasis
February 12th, 2018
About the Program
This postdoctoral (post-DVM) program prepares graduates for careers in comparative medicine. This graduate program can be coupled with residency training and meet the requirements for eligibility for the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) certification examination.
- The opportunity for comparative studies in a joint veterinary and human medical environment
- The multidisciplinary nature of the faculty participating in the training program
- The potential to couple training in research with residency training in laboratory animal medicine, comparative pathology, diagnostics, and training toward board certification
- Strong research resources including AAALAC-accredited research animal facilities, a full-service, internationally-recognized research animal diagnostic laboratory, and NIH-funded research resource centers for mice, rats and swine
- A long history of successful training in comparative medicine
Fall deadline: N/A
- DVM or equivalent from an accredited college of veterinary medicine or successful completion of the foreign equivalency examination and approval by the Comparative Medicine Program faculty.
- Meet standards for admission to the Office of Graduate Studies.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of career goals and interests
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to the online application system. Applicants provide official transcripts if accepted by the academic program.
- Graduate Record Examination Scores (if available)
- Three letters of reference