Minimum admission requirements
Below are the minimum admission requirements for all graduate programs at MU. Applicants are required to meet two sets of minimum qualifications for admission: those of the graduate program and the minimum requirements of the Graduate School.
Because requirements vary, you must refer to a degree program's graduate admission page to learn about specific admission criteria, application deadlines, eligibility and application process. To find a department or program's Web page, refer to the list of graduate degrees.
All applicants must have a U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree from a college or university recognized by a regional accrediting agency.
If your degree is from a U.S. college or school, the institution must be approved by one of the following U.S. Regional Accrediting Bodies:
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
If your degree is from a non-U.S. college or university, the institution must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned. The degree must be equivalent to a four year U.S. bachelor's degree, or higher degree. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding degree equivalency.
- 3.0 or better GPA in the last 60 hours of baccalaureate coursework (for applicants with less than a master's degree).
- Additional requirements for international students.
Click here to locate your Admission Adviser by the first letter of your last name.