Skip to main content
Skip to navigation

AdmissionĀ Process

To apply to the MU Graduate School:

1. Submit materials to your academic program

Your program of interest sets the application deadline, eligibility criteria and required application materials beyond what the Graduate School must receive. Extra materials may include a program-specific application, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and/or a résumé.

Some programs require an extra form or statement from those who wish to be considered for assistantships, fellowships or other funding packages.

Many programs allow you to submit pieces of their required materials within the Graduate School’s online application.

2. Submit material to the Graduate School

  • Graduate School Application. Complete and submit the Graduate School's online application. Our degree programs have instant access to review applications that have been submitted online.
  • Application fee. No action will be taken on your application until you have paid your application fee or obtained a waiver.
  • Transcripts or mark sheets. As part of the submission process, applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to the online application. If you are accepted by an academic program, you will then be required to submit official transcripts. After acceptance, official transcripts must be sent directly from each university or college you have attended. (Note that certain international institutions issue transcripts in officially-sealed envelopes only to their students; if this is the case, MU accepts those sealed official documents when mailed to MU by the applicant.) Transcripts/mark sheets for all baccalaureate degrees or equivalents and any additional degrees must be sent in both English and the native language. Institutions must mail official transcripts and marks sheets directly to Graduate Admissions, University of Missouri, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211-1160. Current or former Mizzou students do not have to provide official Mizzou transcripts.
  • Standardized test scores: Check with your program of interest to see which, if any (GRE, GMAT, MAT, etc.), are required for your application. Official scores must be sent directly from the testing service provider to your academic program.

Please note: The Graduate School has additional requirements for international applicants. Students who are veterans can learn about benefits or can visit in the MU Veterans Center on campus. There you can receive G.I. Bill information and certification for eligible veterans, dependents and vocational rehabilitation veterans. The office also furnishes information on military service educational assistance programs.

3. Look in to financial support

If you would like to apply for federal financial aid or other types of funding, consult the Student Financial Aid Office. In addition, you can refer our section on financials.

Admission Questions?

Click here to locate your Admission Adviser by the first letter of your last name.