Skip to main content
Skip to navigation


Please read below to select the type of admission you're seeking.

Degree-Seeking Graduate

Earn a master’s, doctoral or educational specialist degree. Most applicants will start here, including international applicants, online degree-seeking students through Mizzou Online, transfer students, and current and former MU undergraduate students.

Currently enrolled MU graduate students wishing to change their degree or academic program should complete the Change of Program form and submit it to the academic program for approval or complete a new online application for admission. The program will determine the preferred method of application.

Returning graduate students follow these instructions.

Degree-Seeking Professional

The School of Law, School of Medicine and College of Veterinary Medicine have their own application process.

Certificate-Seeking Graduate

New graduate applicants wishing to pursue only a stand-alone certificate should complete the Graduate School's online application for admission and meet the Graduate School's minimum admission requirements for all programs.

Graduate applicants applying for a degree program should complete the Graduate School's online application for admission for the degree program. Once enrolled at MU, the Change of Program form should be completed to add a graduate certificate.

Non-Degree Post-Baccalaureate (online)

Distance students can apply to become an online post-baccalaureate graduate student through our continuing and distance education program, Mizzou Online.

Non-Degree Post-Baccalaureate (on campus)

Take a few classes without being in a degree program, start classes while awaiting formal admission to a degree program, or pursue a stand-alone graduate certificate that doesn’t require degree-program enrollment. Non-degree enrollment »

Non-Degree UM Visiting Graduate Student Program

Take some courses at Mizzou through while pursuing a graduate degree at another University of Missouri campus. Non-degree enrollment »

Non-Degree MU Undergraduate Senior (on campus)

Take some graduate course work while you finish your undergraduate degree. Non-degree enrollment »

Admission Questions?

Click here to locate your Admission Adviser by the first letter of your last name.