Positive Psychology Graduate Certificate
Officially approved as:Stand Alone: Yes
Degree Dependent: Yes
- Learn and understand the cornerstones, concepts, research, application and the modern era of positive psychology.
- Increase awareness of individual and collective contributors to well-being and human strengths leading to personal, social, academic, professional, and career development.
- Learn methods to facilitate increases in health and well-being within five measures of flourishing: positive emotionality, engagement in one’s strengths and experiences, relationship growth and development, meaning and purpose, and achievement.
- Understand how to effectively apply positive psychology interventions that promote thriving individuals, communities and organizations.
- Actively engage in directed personal reflections, efforts to expand awareness, and developing strategies to increase well-being measures.
Required Application Materials
- Unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation: should attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work.
- Personal statement
For information about certificate, contact:
Patrick J. Rottinghaus, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Counseling Psychology
Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology
University of Missouri—Columbia
Sandy Sites SitesS@missouri.edu
Phone: (573) 882-3651
Address: 16 Hill Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211