Doctorate in Natural Resources, emphasis in Soil, Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences
Deadline: Two months prior to the start of the academic semester for which the applicant is applying.
- Completion of an MS degree or equivalent. A waiver of the MS degree requirement may be made by the candidate’s doctoral program committee.
- Atmospheric science applicants: Undergraduate program should include integral calculus and one year of college physics.
- Soil science applicants: Completed courses in general and organic chemistry, calculus, geology and physics. Inadequacies in courses must be remedied through additional course work immediately after admission.
All applications and supporting application materials for graduate admission into the SEAS program must be submitted to the Graduate Studies online application system.
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative||Analytical|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||1100||3.5|
|On or after August 1, 2011||302||3.5|
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate Studies online application system.
- Letter of self-evaluation and professional goals
- GRE score report
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Official scores from TOEFL or IELTS is required from international applicants.
Admission Contact Information
Dr. Stephen H. Anderson
Graduate Emphasis Area Coordinator
302 Anheuser-Busch Natural Resources Building
Columbia, MO 65211