Fall deadline: January 10
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Desired Courses in the following: biology; advanced courses in biochemistry and/or molecular biology are highly desirable; chemistry (quantitative or organic); physics; mathematics
- Only completed applications will be considered for Fall admission. Applicants are selected for admission in the program based on their potential to conduct high-quality, independent research.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|TOEFL Internet -based
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?
||Verbal + Quantitative
|Prior to August 1, 2011
|On or after August 1, 2011
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application (built into the Office of Graduate Studies online application)
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted through the Office of Graduate Studies application)
- Official GRE scores (Institution Code = 6875 Department Code = 0206)
- Personal statement- Should be at least two paragraphs in length. Include why you want to complete your Ph.D. training in this program. Please state your goals, previous research experience and why you are interested in microbiology and immunology.
- A CV highlighting any conferences, abstracts, articles, etc.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants only)