Doctorate in Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Applications accepted all year;
Fall Application Deadline: March 1 (Priority deadline: January 1)
Spring Application Deadline: September 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Demonstrated research experience
- Compatible research interests or capabilities with a member of the faculty
Note: Only highly qualified students are accepted for advisement in the PhD program. The faculty look for excellence in undergraduate and graduate work, high GRE scores and strong indications of research potential.
This department does not use “rolling admission.” Applicants will be notified around decision dates within a month after decision date.
Minimum GRE scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal||Quantitative|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||350||700|
|On or after August 1, 2011||143||155|
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Writing sample demonstrating research experience
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- GRE scores
This academic department does not have any function of financial aid.
IMSE hires TA/RA automatically based on the department needs. No separate application or contacts are necessary; all top ranked applicants will be considered.