Master of Arts in German
- Fall deadline: First preference given to applications received by February 15.
- The first deadline for applications to the German program is January 15. Applications received by this first deadline may be eligible for additional university-level grants.
- Applications received between January 15 and February 15 will be welcomed.
- Applications received after February 15 will only be reviewed as spaces become available in the program. Please contact the department for further information.
- Applications to begin Spring semester are not encouraged. Assistantships are typically not available for graduate students beginning Spring semester.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Undergraduate major in German or equivalent
Note: The department reserves the right to evaluate the work presented for admission and to determine how the student may make up for background deficiencies.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application
- 3 letters of recommendation