Master of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Priority deadline for Fall entrance: January 1; rolling thereafter
- Priority deadline for Spring entrance: October 1; rolling thereafter
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 for the last 60 hours
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Quantitative||Verbal||Analytical|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||80th percentile||Will Be Considered||Will Be Considered|
|On or after August 1, 2011||80th percentile||Will Be Considered||Will Be Considered|
International applicants only:
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Statement of Purpose (upload to the Supplemental information section of the application)
- Copies of your official transcripts (upload to the Educational History section of the application)
- Copies of your GRE scores (upload to the Test Information section of the application)
- Copies of your TOEFL or IELTS Scores (for non-native English speakers only) (upload to the Test Information section of the application)
- 3 letters of Recommendation (the department accepts electronic recommendations — in the recommendation section of the online application, enter the information for three recommenders. Each recommender will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the recommendation). The department does also accept hard copy letters of recommendation. The letters may be mailed to: Graduate School, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211.
Note: When registering for GRE or TOEFL exams, be sure to designate your program of interest at the University of Missouri-Columbia. MU’s Institutional Code is 6875 (no departmental code is necessary).
To be accepted outright by the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), the student needs to have a BS degree in either Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering in addition to meeting the above requirements. Students who meet the academic requirements but have degrees in other Engineering or Science disciplines can be accepted directly into the MS program by the Graduate Program Committee (GPC). Such students are strongly encouraged to consult with the DGS or their advisor about appropriate bridge courses. Based on individual circumstances, students may be advised to register as an undeclared graduate student to fill in background course work prior to admission into the department.
Students who do not meet the above requirements may still be admitted on Probation by the GPC if there are mitigating factors. Students admitted on Probation must receive at least a 3.0 GPA for the first 12 hours of graded graduate coursework completed in their first two semesters. Failure to achieve this GPA will result in expulsion from the ECE MS program.