Master of Arts in Economics
Fall deadline: February 1
Spring deadline: October 1
Students with a bachelor’s degree in any field may apply for admission into the master’s program. Applicants are admitted on the basis of an undergraduate record, with particular emphasis on performance in economics, mathematics, and statistics courses, performance on the GRE, and letters of recommendation. Although the graduate program assumes mathematical background through calculus (normally two or three semesters of college calculus), as well as undergraduate economics training, applicants with more limited backgrounds may be accepted into the program. Such individuals will be assigned supporting course work, some or all of which may be counted toward fulfilling requirements.
Minimum GRE Scores
*GRE scores are not required for the online/distance Master of Arts program.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 2 letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application or mailed directly to the department)
- Resume (uploaded through the online application or mailed directly to the department).
- Personal statement (uploaded through the online application or mailed directly to the department).
- Official GRE scores (GRE scores are not required for the online/distance Master of Arts program.)
- International students: copy of official TOEFL or IELTS scores
Admission contact information
Lynne Brooks Owen
118 Professional Bldg.
Columbia, MO 65211