Masters Veterinary Sciences
About the Program
The University of Missouri, Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, offers online graduate training leading to the Master of Biomedical Science degree with an Emphasis in Veterinary Sciences. The Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery does not offer the PhD degree, but this online Masters degree program can be precursor to a PhD program at MU or elsewhere. The MS in Biomedical Sciences degree is NOT intended as a means to prepare for admission to a DVM program.
Admission Criteria (Online Program)
- Veterinarians (Graduates of an AVMA-accredited college of veterinary medicine)
- Veterinary Technologists (Graduates of an AVMA and regionally-accredited veterinary technician/technologist program with a baccalaureate degree)
It is recommended that completed applications are submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the beginning of the term you plan to begin course work. This will allow the Graduate School time to process your application.
For more information on this program, please visit the program website at http://biomedonline.missouri.edu/masters-degree-in-biomedical-sciences-emphasis-in-veterinary-medicine-and-surgery/.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- GRE scores
- Departmental Application (built into the Graduate Studies online application)
Admission Contact Information
Laurie Wallace, DVM
Director, University of Missouri Veterinary Online Programs