Dual Degrees: Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine
About the Program
The Biomedical Sciences graduate programs enable veterinary medical students to pursue studies in the basic biomedical discipline of their choice for a PhD or MS degree while enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine. The program is designed to prepare students for advanced professional careers in universities and colleges, research institutes and industrial research.
With consent of the student’s graduate program committee, courses from the professional curriculum (which includes a major portion of the core curriculum) can be accepted toward the graduate degree.
Fall deadline: December 15
Spring deadline: September 15
Summer deadline: Not Applicable
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Required prerequisite courses: Biology (10 hrs), Physics (3 hrs), Biochemistry (3 hrs), Chemistry (10 hrs), Calculus (3 hrs)
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||100||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative||Analytical|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||1000||3.5|
|On or after August 1, 2011||300||3.5|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Program-specific application (link: http://biomed.missouri.edu/online-graduate-admissions-application/)
- Letter of intent addressed to the Director of Graduate Studies. 500 words or more.
- GRE scores
- Copy of transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation