Explore & Find Jobs
Faculty members are critical to your job search success.
We strongly encourage students to develop career-related partnerships with faculty mentors or advisers. A faculty mentor will help you move toward your career goals, teach you about the norms and nuances of your discipline, and serve a primary job reference/reference letter writer.
Faculty can guide you to pertinent professional networks and and make connections with prospective employers - particularly if you are pursuing an academic career path.
About this section
This Job Search section is designed to help you
- include your transferable skills in job search engines;
- explore career options within and across job sectors;
- point you toward trusted job search engines within the academy and beyond;
- understand how social media is a powerful job search tool; and
- teach you how to analyze job ads to customize your cover letter and resume.
Learn more about transferable skills!
Career Savvy Grad Student
For Mizzou grad students trekking a career path beyond the academy.
Tweets on hot jobs, branding techniques, salary trends, interview pitfalls, employers' expectations and more.
Dr. Robin G. Walker, PhD