Student Medical Insurance Enrollment Procedure
After selecting an insurance plan, a Mizzou graduate student can enroll in the student medical insurance program in one of three ways:
- Office of Cashiers
- Insurance company
Students must re-enroll at the beginning of each new period to continue receiving annual or semester-by-semester coverage .
How to enroll
For domestic students only
1. Enroll through myZou during registration
- Log into myZou using your pawprint and password.
- Go to "self-service" and then "student center."
- Click on the drop-down box that says "other academic" and from the list choose "optional fees."
- When you click on "optional fees" and choose the current term, you'll see a table of options. To enroll for a year, choose "domestic insurance annual." To enroll for a semester, choose the fall or spring option. If you are enrolling in the spring semester, you will only have one choice.
- Check the appropriate box and click on "submit" at the bottom of the page. You should see a message confirming successful enrollment.
Please make sure that your address in myZou is current. Update your address in Personal Information in your myZou account.
2. Enroll through the Office of Cashiers
If you wish to enroll in the insurance through the Cashier's Office, call 573-882-3097 or go to 15 Jesse Hall.
- Type of plan (international or domestic)
- Duration of the plan (annual, fall semester only or spring/summer only)
- Whom you want the insurance to cover (yourself only or yourself and your spouse and/or children)
3. Enroll directly through the insurance company
If you enroll directly with Aetna, you will be required to pay the insurance premium when you enroll. If you enroll through myZou, the charge for the insurance premium is added to your student account. Please be aware that you are held to the cashier’s payment schedule for the insurance premium, the same as for any other charges
Aetna provides an online guide to Mizzou's medical insurance plans.
When to enroll
Fall enrollment period: New or continuing students
Students must be registered for classes to enroll in the insurance program. Students who register for fall classes in April or May should be able to enroll in insurance by June. The enrollment deadline for fall coverage is mid-September; check the Aetna website for specific dates.
International students with F or J visa status are automatically enrolled in the international plan when they register for classes. Other international students are required to carry the insurance and must enroll. More about insurance requirements for international students »
Spring and summer enrollment period: Continuing students
Continuing students who enroll by the semester may re-enroll for the spring and summer after registering for spring semester classes. The deadline is early February; check the Aetna website for specific dates. The spring insurance also covers the summer session.