Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation Award
This award has been established to reward distinguished scholarship and research at the doctoral level. Nominated dissertations should represent original work that makes an unusually significant contribution to the discipline. Both methodological and substantive quality will be judged.
- The effective date of the degree award or the completion of doctoral degree requirements and dissertation must be within the fall, spring and summer semesters of the prior academic year. For example, students nominated in fall 2016 must have completed their degree and dissertation in fall 2015, spring 2016 or summer 2016.
- Nominations should be submitted as a single PDF document by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination should include:
- An abstract. Up to 10 double-spaced, numbered pages plus appendices containing non-textual material, such as charts or tables. Include nominee's name on each page.
- Three letters of support evaluating the significance and quality of the dissertation work, from:
- Nominee’s dissertation supervisor
- Additional member of the nominee’s dissertation committee
- Expert of the nominee’s choice from within or outside the university.
Letters not originally in electronic form should be scanned.
- The nomination email attachments must be received by the Office of Graduate Studies no later than November 1 (if November 1 falls on a weekend, the due date will be the following Monday). The complete dissertations of finalists will be reviewed by the Graduate Faculty Senate Awards Committee.