Spring Fellowship Competition
Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis in recognition of a student's demonstrated scholarship, scholastic and creative promise, and/or financial need. To be eligible, a student must be admitted to a graduate program with a specific graduate degree objective and must be enrolled in graduate academic course work.
Directors of graduate studies and department chairs should review Graduate Fellowships Guidelines for students entering 2018-2019 academic year. Deadline for 2018-19 nominations is Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Every fellowship recipient must have full-time status as a graduate student during the period of appointment and may hold another smaller fellowship or engage in remunerative employment.
A fellowship may be renewed if:
- Funding is available, or limited semesters of support of a student are met.
- Academic program guidelines for funding duration are met.
- The student is making satisfactory academic progress.
Graduate Studies Fellowship Stipend Awards
Mizzou graduate fellowships are administered by the Office of Graduate Studies and are awarded to incoming graduate students.
Receiving the stipend
- Monthly stipend payments are scheduled.
- Checks can be picked up in the MU Office of Cashiers at 15 Jesse Hall.
- Funds may be available through direct deposit after the student completes the registration process.
- To qualify for the spring semester fellowship check, the recipient must have successfully completed the fall semester and be enrolled full time for the spring semester.
Important dates and nomination process
- Review the current guidelines for relevant dates and nomination process details.
- Mizzou fellowship programs require nomination by directors of graduate studies; students are not allowed to apply on their own.
- All internal fellowship applications must be submitted directly to Graduate Studies.