Minimum admission requirements
Below are the minimum admission requirements for all graduate programs at MU. Applicants are required to meet two sets of minimum qualifications for admission: those of the graduate program and the minimum requirements of the Graduate School.
Because requirements vary, you must refer to a degree program's graduate admission page to learn about specific admission criteria, application deadlines, eligibility and application process. To find a department or program's Web page, refer to the list of graduate degrees.
- All applicants must have a U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree from a college or university recognized by a regional accrediting agency.
If your degree is from a U.S. college or school, the institution must be approved by one of the following U.S. Regional Accrediting Bodies:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Colleges and School
If your degree is from a non-U.S. college or school, the institution must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree is earned.
- 3.0 or better GPA in the last 60 hours of baccalaureate coursework (for applicants with less than a master's degree).
- Standardized test scores such as the GRE or GMAT (if required by the academic program).
- Additional requirements for international students.
Click here to locate your Admission Adviser by the first letter of your last name.