One of the most exciting and dynamic fields of modern science worldwide is Neuroscience, the study of how the nervous system is organized and how it functions. The field of Neuroscience encompasses many disciplines, including biology, biochemistry, computer sciences, electrical engineering (neural modeling of neural networks and biomedical instrumentation), neurology, neurosurgery, pharmacology, physics, physiology, psychology, psychiatry and radiology. Neuroscientists have advanced our understanding of nervous system development, neural function, injuries of the nervous system and disease processes. At MU, neuroscientists investigate the molecular and cellular organization of the nervous system, the structure and function of neural systems (including vision and hearing), behaviors generated by the nervous system, and neurological diseases and disorders.
- Master of Science
- Doctorate of Philospophy
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Fall deadline: December 15
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||100||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE?||Verbal + Quantitative|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||1200|
|On or after August 1, 2011||308|
Neuroscience comprises a united field that integrates across many disciplines, and students from a variety of academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply to the Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program (INP). U.S. residents and international applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Neuroscience program application (built into the Graduate Studies online application)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample (optional)
- Previous research experience form (if applicable)
- GRE scores
- TOEFL (if applicable)