Master of Science in Food Science
Fall deadline: April 30
Spring deadline: October 31
Summer deadline: January 31
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 60 hours of baccalaurate work
- BS in food science from an accredited university
- Only complete applications will be reviewed, no conditional acceptance is given
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type||Total Score||Reading||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
|TOEFL Internet -based||80||17||17||17||17|
Minimum GRE Scores
|When did you take the GRE*?||Verbal + Quantitative**||Analytical|
|Prior to August 1, 2011||1000||3.0|
|On or after August 1, 2011||297||3.0|
*Note: The exam must have been taken no longer than 5 years prior.
**Note: Neither the verbal nor quantitative section can be below 400 or its equivalent score.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate Studies online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Please upload the following application materials into the Graduate Studies online application:
- Unofficial transcripts: all applicants selected for admission will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Personal statement: elaborating the reason for applicant’s interest in Food Science
- 3 letters of recommendation filled out through the Graduate Studies application: all 3 letters of recommendation must be from academic sources (professor of a course, faculty advisor, faculty graduate committee member) and must address the applicant’s academic abilities and potential as a graduate student.
- GRE scores (no longer than five years prior)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (International applicants only)
Admission contact information
246 William Stringer Wing
Columbia, MO 65211-5160