Commencement Ceremony Participation
There is no ceremony for students earning only a graduate certificate at this time.
Students graduating in the current term
Students are who are completing a graduate degree in the fall or spring term are eligible to participate in the fall or spring ceremony respectively provided that they:
- Have the necessary degree paperwork on file.
- Have completed the online application for graduation.
- Completed the online RSVP to attend Commencement.
Students are eligible to attend the commencement ceremony only for the term in which they are graduating. However, the Graduate School recognizes that there can be certain circumstances beyond a student's control that may prevent this. Therefore, if you have already graduated and wish to participate in an upcoming commencement ceremony, please contact the Graduate School during the first month of the term by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted with further instructions.
Summer graduates are invited to participate in the fall commencement ceremony following their summer graduation. However, the Graduate School recognizes that there may be certain circumstances that necessitate a summer graduate participating in the spring ceremony prior to their term of graduation.
To be eligible to participate in the spring ceremony prior to your summer graduation:
- Complete the Summer Application for Graduation which is available concurrently with the Spring Application for Graduation
- A doctoral candidate must successfully defend their dissertation and submit the D4 on or before the last day of the Spring semester. Students enrolled in clinical doctorates must also submit the D4 form before participating.
- An educational specialist candidate must have an approved S1 and S2 on file with the Graduate School prior to completing the application for graduation.
- A master's candidate must have an approved M1 (an M2 if doing a thesis option) on file with the Graduate School prior to completing the application for graduation.
- Complete the online RSVP to attend the spring commencement ceremony.
- Is not an indication of completion (i.e., graduation).
- Does not mean a student can receive their diploma, transcripts and other final documentation early.